Vehicle Wrapping: What Is It?
Vehicle wrapping can be used to advertise your business on a commercial vehicle or enhance the appearance of your personal vehicle.
Vinyl wraps are the go-to choice for business owners or car enthusiasts looking to customize their vehicles without breaking the bank. Premium vinyl films like Avery™ and 3M™ films are extremely durable and provide color and finish options that paints and sprays can never match.
Vehicle wraps create a look that is identical to a new paint job while protecting the car’s value.
This application of vinyl to your vehicle is known as “wrapping.” From a single door panel to your entire vehicle, we can design a sticker or wrapper that advertises your company. You can also choose from Carbon Fiber, Brushed Metallic, Camouflage, or dozens of other patterns that would be impossible to spray on.
Do you have to commit to wrapping the whole vehicle from bumper to bumper? Not at all. You can focus on individual panels to achieve a particular look or protect against certain dangers. The vinyl film is applied one panel at a time, so you have total control over how much of your car is covered.
- Dual cast vinyl film in an array of colors (see “Colors” on page 3)
- Six distinctive-looking finishes: matte, satin, gloss, carbon fiber, and brushed metal
- Use the film right out-of-the-box with or without graphic protection
- Pressure-activated adhesive for easy sliding, tacking, snap up and repositioning
- Non-visible, air release channels for fast, easy, bubble-free installations
- Available in 60 inch rolls—allowing almost any section of the vehicle to be wrapped without seams
- Removable with heat and/or chemicals
- Expected Performance Life (unwarranted period for unprinted film
- 7 years for Matte, Satin, and Gloss
- 5 years for Carbon Fiber and Brushed Metal
- Refer to the 1080-GC451 Product Bulletin for Chrome Expected Performance Life
Recommended Types of Graphics and End Uses
- Solid color vehicle detailing
- Standard vehicle graphics, detailing and decoration, multiple layers of graphics
- Commercial vehicle and fleet graphics, emblems or striping
- Watercraft graphics applied above the static water line only
See 3M.com/graphicswarranties for a complete list of compatible products that are approved by 3M™ for use with the base film covered in
this Bulletin and used for the creation of a graphic that may be eligible for the 3M™ MCS™ Warranty.
Contact us today to learn more!